Sunday, March 14, 2010

My newest goal!

So I find it interesting how life works out sometimes and how when you think life couldn't get harder and you don't understand the things that are going on the Lord steps in and shows you that you are not alone. The night of my last post.... well let's start a little earlier. Monday March 1st as has been previously stated I received a concussion. Then Tuesday night a close friend of mine was very kind and exercised his amazing Priesthood power and gave me a blessing. The blessing filled me with peace and comfort and I knew things would be okay. Then the next day he took me to the doctor. The doctor told me that I couldn't dance until all my symptoms were gone... and that those could last weeks he said. I was feeling discouraged and frustrated. Then Thursday night I was informed that I wouldn't be dancing any of the part of the dance that I so desperately wanted to be in. I was angry, discouraged, upset, and confused, as you could probably tell in my last post. I questioned God about many things that night in my prayers... and then I opened up my scriptures. I opened them to Alma chapter 26. This is the the chapter heading:
"....The faithful are strengthened by the Lord and are given knowledge... God has all power and comprehendeth all things."
I read that and just started to cry again. I knew that I had been unfair and that I needed to have faith in the Lord. He knows me and does care. The next day I was informed that I could do the third section of the dance. I was ecstatic and was reminded again of the Lord's love for me as an individual.
I've also noticed something else... I've been rather negative lately. If I truly believe that God is my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is my brother and loved me enough to die so that I could return to Them... and if I truly believe that they know me and everything I do and how I feel at all moments of my life.... shouldn't I be one of the happiest people ever? I know that we all have trials and that there are times when we feel so alone that we think we have been abandoned... But we are NEVER alone and They will never abandon us. It is we who abandon Them. I know that They know how I feel and with that knowledge I have decided to be a happier person. I have decided to look at the bright side of life, and to be more positive. Shouldn't I be? I want to smile and show my testimony through not just my words but through my attitude towards life. So my newest goal? Love life more and enjoy it to its fullest. Don't let the hard things get me down, I have too much to be grateful for!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you sister! This is all so true, and I'm so glad you shared it.