Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh the Frustrations of Dance...

So this is going to be my pity-party blog..... It's sad really because lately I've been super annoyed by people who are attention hungry and pity seekers.... So know that I'm not searching for pity, I'm just venting. So as I stated in my last blog I recently received a concussion while rolling off the back of my dance partner, well all I've been doing since Monday is sleeping and making brownies. When I'm upset I make food... I would make my everything kitchen if possible, that's why I have roommates. Anyway, I had resigned myself to thinking that I wouldn't be able to dance in Reeds, which is the dance that I received my concussion doing, this weekend, but while we are on tour I would dance it. Well, today I was informed that I am no longer in the dance, another girl is taking my spot. I understand that the reason for doing this is so that I will not get hurt again, but just because I know the reason I'm no longer in the dance doesn't make it any easier to not be in it. It is a beautiful dance choreographed in honor of our amazing dance professor's son who died some years back. It is her last year and I really wanted to dance it.... and now I won't. Sometimes it makes me wonder why I was given the talent to dance. I'm not super good, but I can learn fast. I love to dance and feel like it is a way to get all of my frustrations out, but every time I'm given the opportunity to really dance and grow, I get hurt in some way. It's really frustrating and then I can't dance to let out all of the frustrations so it all builds up inside of me and then I have the desire to take all of them out on other people.... and that's not so good. I had been planning on minoring in dance and then I could teach dance in the future... however, now I'm not so sure. I want to, but I just get so frustrated... maybe I was never meant to really dance, and that's a hard pill to swallow. I guess we'll see what happens. This is kind of a bunch of random thoughts put together, but I had to get some of these frustrations out. Here's a link to a clip of what I'm supposed to be doing. http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=295204323778&subj=611947811

2 comments:

Heather said...

Keriann! I'm sorry, that is way sad! Don't get too discouraged though, if you really want to dance (you know, minor in it and stuff) just go for it!

Unknown said...

WHAT THE!? You have a blog! Me too! Let's... be... blog... Friends... Or... Follow each other? Whatever you do on blogs! I LOVE YOU!